We are currently recruiting for volunteers for our September training course.
- Home visiting volunteers to offer practical and emotional support on a regular basis to families experiencing difficulties.
- Most volunteers visit once a week for 2-3 hours.
- Volunteering can be flexible to fit around family or work commitments.
- Some volunteers offer term time only support due to their own childcare arrangements.
- Many volunteers work with us to gain skills and experience for their own career progression. Others, simply want to make a difference.
A few words from some parents we have supported:
“Home-Start really helps with the tricky stuff”.
” The support from our Home-Start volunteer has made such a difference to our family. My daughter looks forward to Wednesdays when she comes”.
“It has been so lovely to know that someone cares enough to give their time to us. I hadn’t realised how much difference it would make. I am so much more confident now. I really feel that I am able to cope with life again”.
If you would like to receive information about volunteering with us please give us a call on 533357 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our next volunteering training will start on Thursday 21st September. The training happens at our Newport office (behind Lidl) between 10 & 2.
The dates are as follows:
Thursday 21st, Friday 22nd, Thursday 28th & Friday 29th September, Thursday 5th & Friday 6th, Friday 13th & Friday 20th October. If you are not available for every session there is a chance we can work around it – please talk it through with us.